- geranyl diphosphate + H2O (-)-endo-fenchol + diphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically those carbon-oxygen lyases acting on phosphates. The systematic name of this enzyme class is geranyl-diphosphate diphosphate-lyase [cyclizing, (-)-endo-fenchol-forming]. Other names in common use include (-)-endo-fenchol cyclase, and geranyl pyrophosphate:(-)-endo-fenchol cyclase. This enzyme participates in monoterpenoid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Croteau R, Miyazaki JH, Wheeler CJ (1989). "Monoterpene biosynthesis: mechanistic evaluation of the geranyl pyrophosphate:(-)-endo-fenchol cyclase from fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 269: 507&ndash, 16. PMID 2919880.
- Croteau R, Satterwhite DM, Wheeler CJ, Felton NM (1988). "Biosynthesis of monoterpenes. Stereochemistry of the enzymatic cyclization of geranyl pyrophosphate to (-)-endo-fenchol". J. Biol. Chem. 263: 15449&ndash, 53. PMID 3170591.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 117758-41-5.