- (R)-4-dehydropantoate + NAD+ + H2O (R)-3,3-dimethylmalate + NADH + 2 H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-4-dehydropantoate:NAD+ 4-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include D-aldopantoate dehydrogenase, D-2-hydroxy-3,3-dimethyl-3-formylpropionate:diphosphopyridine, and nucleotide (DPN+) oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in pantothenate and coa biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Magee PT, Snell EE (1966). "The bacterial degradation of pantothenic acid. IV. Enzymatic conversion of aldopantoate to alpha-ketoisovalerate". Biochemistry. 5: 409&ndash, 16. PMID 4287371.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-96-7.