- (S)-2-hydroxystearate + NAD+ 2-oxostearate + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S)-2-hydroxystearate:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include dehydrogenase, L-2-hydroxy fatty acid, L-2-hydroxy fatty acid dehydrogenase, and 2-hydroxy fatty acid oxidase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Huang WY, Tang J (1970). "Carboxyl-terminal sequence of human gastricsin and pepsin". J. Biol. Chem. 245: 2189&ndash, 93. PMID 4909888.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-33-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|