- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + (S)-coclaurine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + (S)-N-methylcoclaurine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:(S)-coclaurine-N-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in alkaloid biosynthesis i.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Loeffler S, Deus-Neumann B and Zenk MH (1995). "S-Adenosyl-L-methionine: (S)-coclaurine-N-methyltransferase from Tinospora cordifolia". Phytochemistry. 38: 1387&ndash, 1395.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|