- (S,S)-butane-2,3-diol + NAD+ acetoin + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (S,S)-butane-2,3-diol:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include L-butanediol dehydrogenase, L-BDH, and L(+)-2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase (L-acetoin forming). This enzyme participates in butanoic acid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Taylor MB and Juni E (1960). "Stereoisomeric specificities of 2,3-butanediol dehydrogenase". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 39: 448&ndash, 457.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-14-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|