- UDP-glucose + 1,2-diacylglycerol UDP + 3-D-glucosyl-1,2-diacylglycerol
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-glucose:1,2-diacylglycerol 3-D-glucosyltransferase. Other names in common use include UDP-glucose:diacylglycerol glucosyltransferase, UDP-glucose:1,2-diacylglycerol glucosyltransferase, uridine diphosphoglucose-diacylglycerol glucosyltransferase, and UDP-glucose-diacylglycerol glucosyltransferase. This enzyme participates in glycerolipid metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Sato N and Murata N (1982). "Lipid biosynthesis in the blue-green-alga (cyanobacterium), Anabaena variabilis. 3. UDP-glucose-diacylglycerol glucosyltransferase activity in vitro". Plant Cell Physiol. 23: 1115&ndash, 1120.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 83744-96-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|