- beta-D-galactopyranosyl-(1->3)-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine + phosphate alpha-D-galactopyranose 1-phosphate + N-acetyl-D-glucosamine
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are [[beta-D-galactopyranosyl-(1->3)-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine]] and phosphate, whereas its two products are alpha-D-galactopyranose 1-phosphate and N-acetyl-D-glucosamine.
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is beta-D-galactopyranosyl-(1->3)-N-acetyl-D-hexosamine:phosphate galactosyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Derensy-Dron D, Krzewinski F, Brassart C, Bouquelet S (Pt 1). "Beta-1,3-galactosyl-N-acetylhexosamine phosphorylase from Bifidobacterium bifidum DSM 20082: characterization, partial purification and relation to mucin degradation". Biotechnol. Appl. Biochem. 29: 3&ndash, 10. PMID 9889079. Check date values in:
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|