- S-adenosyl-L-methionine 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate + methylthioadenosine
This enzyme belongs to the family of lyases, specifically carbon-sulfur lyases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine methylthioadenosine-lyase (1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate-forming). Other names in common use include 1-aminocyclopropanecarboxylate synthase, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid synthase, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate synthetase, aminocyclopropanecarboxylic acid synthase, aminocyclopropanecarboxylate synthase, ACC synthase, and S-adenosyl-L-methionine methylthioadenosine-lyase. This enzyme participates in propanoate metabolism. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Boller T, Herner RC and Kende H (1979). "Assay for and enzymatic formation of an ethylene precursor, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid". Planta. 145: 293&ndash, 303.
- Yu YB, Adams DO, Yang SF (1979). "1-Aminocyclopropanecarboxylate synthase, a key enzyme in ethylene biosynthesis". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 198: 280&ndash, 6. PMID 507845.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 72506-68-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This lyase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|