- (5Z)-(15S)-11alpha-hydroxy-9,15-dioxoprostanoate + NAD(P)+ (5Z)-(15S)-11alpha-hydroxy-9,15-dioxoprosta-13-enoate + NAD(P)H + H+
The 3 substrates of this enzyme are (5Z)-(15S)-11alpha-hydroxy-9,15-dioxoprostanoate, NAD+, and NADP+, whereas its 4 products are (5Z)-(15S)-11alpha-hydroxy-9,15-dioxoprosta-13-enoate, NADH, NADPH, and H+.
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (5Z)-(15S)-11alpha-hydroxy-9,15-dioxoprostanoate:NAD(P)+ Delta13-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 15-oxo-Delta13-prostaglandin reductase, Delta13-15-ketoprostaglandin reductase, 15-ketoprostaglandin Delta13-reductase, prostaglandin Delta13-reductase, prostaglandin 13-reductase, and 15-ketoprostaglandin Delta13-reductase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Hansen HS (1982). "Purification and assay of 15-ketoprostaglandin delta 13-reductase from bovine lung". Methods. Enzymol. 86: 156&ndash, 63. PMID 6290839.
- Jarabak J (1982). "Isolation and properties of a 15-ketoprostaglandin delta 13-reductase from human placenta". Methods. Enzymol. 86: 163&ndash, 7. PMID 7132753.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 57406-74-3.