- a 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropteridine + NAD(P)+ a 6,7-dihydropteridine + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-NH group of donors with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropteridine:NAD(P)+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 6,7-dihydropteridine:NAD(P)H oxidoreductase, DHPR, NAD(P)H:6,7-dihydropteridine oxidoreductase, NADH-dihydropteridine reductase, NADPH-dihydropteridine reductase, NADPH-specific dihydropteridine reductase, dihydropteridine (reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide), reductase, dihydropteridine reductase, dihydropteridine reductase (NADH), and 5,6,7,8-tetrahydropteridine:NAD(P)H+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in folate biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Harano T (1972). "New diaphorases from Bombyx silkworm eggs. NADH/NADPH cytochrome c reductase activity mediated with 6,7-dimethyltetrahydropterin". Insect Biochem. 2: 385&ndash, 399.
- Hasegawa H (Tokyo). "Dihydropteridine reductase from bovine liver. Purification, crystallization, and isolation of a binary complex with NADH". J. Biochem.: 169&ndash, 77. PMID 191436. Check date values in:
- Kaufman S (1962). "Phenylalanine hydroxylase". Methods Enzymol. 5: 809&ndash, 816.
- Lind KE (1972). "Dihydropteridine reductase. Investigation of the specificity for quinoid dihydropteridine and the inhibition by 2,4-diaminopteridines". Eur. J. Biochem. 25: 560&ndash, 2. PMID 4402916.
- Nakanishi N, Hasegawa H, Watabe S (Tokyo). "A new enzyme, NADPH-dihydropteridine reductase in bovine liver". J. Biochem.: 681&ndash, 5. PMID 16875. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9074-11-7.