- acyl-CoA + O2 trans-2,3-dehydroacyl-CoA + H2O2
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acyl-CoA:oxygen 2-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include fatty acyl-CoA oxidase, acyl coenzyme A oxidase, and fatty acyl-coenzyme A oxidase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: fatty acid metabolism, polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis, and ppar signaling pathway. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- T, Kikuchi T, Ando M, Okuda S (Tokyo). "Stereochemistry of dehydrogenation catalyzed by Acyl-CoA oxidase". J. Biochem.: 1481&ndash, 6. PMID 7462191. Check date values in:
- Osumi T, Hashimoto T, Ui N (Tokyo). "Purification and properties of acyl-CoA oxidase from rat liver". J. Biochem.: 1735&ndash, 46. PMID 7400120. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 61116-22-1.