Jump to navigation Jump to search
Eczema On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Eczema
Etiology of Eczema
- Damage from the enzymatic activity of allergens is usually prevented by the body's own protease inhibitors, such as LEKTI, produced from the gene SPINK5.
- Lack of filaggrin gene causes dry skin. 
Eczema as an Adverse Drug Reaction
- Eczema can also be brought about by some adverse effects of medications.
- Below is a list of commonly prescribed medications with eczema as the common adverse drug effect (Table 1).
- Palmer CN, Irvine AD, Terron-Kwiatkowski A, Zhao Y, Liao H, Lee SP; et al. (2006). "Common loss-of-function variants of the epidermal barrier protein filaggrin are a major predisposing factor for atopic dermatitis". Nat Genet. 38 (4): 441–6. doi:10.1038/ng1767. PMID 16550169.