Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis differential diagnosis
non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis
Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis differential diagnosis On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis differential diagnosis
Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis must be differentiated from other diseases that cause a new or changed heart murmur, multiple systemic emboli, +/-fever, such as infective endocarditis, degenerative valvular disease, and pulmonary infarction.
|Diseases||Diagnostic tests||Physical Examination||Symptoms||Past medical history||Other Findings|
|CT scan and MRI||EKG||Chest X-ray||Tachypnea||Tachycardia||Fever||Chest Pain||Hemoptysis||Dyspnea on Exertion||Wheezing||Chest Tenderness||Nasalopharyngeal Ulceration||Carotid Bruit|
|Pulmonary embolism||✔||✔||✔ (Low grade)||✔||✔ (In case of massive PE)||✔||-||-||-||-|
|Non-bacterial thrombotic endocarditis||
||✔||✔||✔ (Low grade)||✔ (Relieved by sitting up and leaning forward)||-||✔||-||-||-||-||
|Libman Sack Endocarditis||✔||✔||✔||✔||-||✔||✔||-||-||-|
|Fever of unknown origin (FUO)||✔||✔||-||-||-||✔||✔||-||-||-|
Differentiating [Disease name] from other Diseases
[Disease name] must be differentiated from other diseases that cause [clinical feature 1], [clinical feature 2], and [clinical feature 3], such as [differential dx1], [differential dx2], and [differential dx3].
[Disease name] must be differentiated from [differential dx1], [differential dx2], and [differential dx3].
As [disease name] manifests in a variety of clinical forms, differentiation must be established in accordance with the particular subtype. [Subtype name 1] must be differentiated from other diseases that cause [clinical feature 1], such as [differential dx1] and [differential dx2]. In contrast, [subtype name 2] must be differentiated from other diseases that cause [clinical feature 2], such as [differential dx3] and [differential dx4].
- "Libman-Sacks Endocarditis Differential Diagnoses".
- "Nonbacterial Thrombotic Endocarditis: Clinicopathologic Study of a Necropsy Series | Revista Española de Cardiología (English Edition)".
- Lopez JA, Ross RS, Fishbein MC, Siegel RJ (March 1987). "Nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis: a review". Am. Heart J. 113 (3): 773–84. doi:10.1016/0002-8703(87)90719-8. PMID 3548296.
- Borowski A, Ghodsizad A, Cohnen M, Gams E (June 2005). "Recurrent embolism in the course of marantic endocarditis". Ann. Thorac. Surg. 79 (6): 2145–7. doi:10.1016/j.athoracsur.2003.12.024. PMID 15919332.
- Aryana A, Esterbrooks DJ, Morris PC (December 2006). "Nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis with recurrent embolic events as manifestation of ovarian neoplasm". J Gen Intern Med. 21 (12): C12–5. doi:10.1111/j.1525-1497.2006.00614.x. PMC 1924740. PMID 16965557.
- Singhal AB, Topcuoglu MA, Buonanno FS (May 2002). "Acute ischemic stroke patterns in infective and nonbacterial thrombotic endocarditis: a diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging study". Stroke. 33 (5): 1267–73. doi:10.1161/01.str.0000015029.91577.36. PMID 11988602.